Members - Hilal, YaraHilal, Yara
PhD in Education ,University of Leicester, Leicester, England
Deputy Director, and Lecturer
Eastwood international School and AUB
- Hilal, Y.Y. (2016) “Facilitating the teaching of critical thinking in the IBDP and Lebanese Programmes”, TOPOI –Springer, doi: 10.1007/s11245-016-9409-9
- Academic Article, “A Conceptual Understanding of Critical Thinking: A Bipolar Swift Shift between Subject Generality and Subject Specificity”, Education Review- Taylor and Francis, (Submitted for Review, 2016).
- Academic Article, “Perception of school leaders’ and teachers’ of reflection”
- Presentation, “IBDP and LBP programmes and the teaching of critical thinking”. (2016). LAES, Beirut-Lebanon
- Workshop. “Critical Thinking and Reflective Practice” (Spring, 2016). AUB-Lebanon.
- Workshop; “Do Programmes delineating critical thinking as a student learning outcome facilitate its teaching?” ” (July, 2014). The 34th International Conference of Critical Thinking and Educational Reform, The Critical Thinking Community- California, USA.
- Workshop; “Inquiry in the teaching of science” (August, 2014). Doha High School, Lebanon.
- Workshop: "Challenges facing emergency education: Syrian Refugees in Lebanon” (February, 2014). AMEL Association, Lebanon.
- Workshop; “Understanding the needs and differences of Syrian Refugee Students In Lebanon: Applying the International Network for Education in Emergency (INEE) Minimum Standards” (February, 2014). AMEL Association, Lebanon.
- Workshop; “Teaching Strategies for Education in Emergency: Syrian Refugees in Lebanon” (February, 2014). AMEL Association, Lebanon.
- “Critical thinking and the development of rational citizens”, (March, 2013). EdUchange conference, Lebanon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGvyoMfh2A